- Collected daily and graded
- Collected daily, √, √+, √- for completion
- Homework quizzes (one random question per assignment weekly). Students would recreate their completed homework onto a homework quiz form.
- Have students self-grade themselves for completeness, and collect it on test/quiz days (this was for high school though).
- Collect one assignment per week at random, grade for completeness or correctness. Whatever strikes my fancy.
Last year, I implemented a cooperative team system, where teams get participation points if they all have their homework for the day completed. This year, in addition to their team points, I think I will be collecting a week's worth of homework, giving a complete/incomplete (all or none) point, and grading 3 random assignments per packet at five points each, for a total of 20 points. There will be a template that they'll get on Monday, and turn in on Friday. Here's to hope and cheers to change.